First off, let me say that I am sorry I disappeared. As I have said for the last few posts. I know it isn’t 2016 yet for new goals, but it is after Nanowrimo so in the writer’s world, it is another year. Here are my hopes for Nanowrimo 2016:
- Post weekly. It doesn’t matter what, but I want to post weekly. I think I will pick Thursday for that weekly post. So wish me luck. Someone pop up and yell at me on Thursday morning.
- Write at least three times a week. I want to write every day, but I’m obviously having issues with that, so let’s start with this for the first three months.
- Keep track of my writing.
- PLOT. Explanation to come.
- Prep better for Nano. I never plot novels, but I think this is something I need to do for next year.
- And win!
As to #4… I have a novel I have been working on for three years. I have about 20,000 words and decided to turn it into first person last year. But now I’m just at a standstill. I’m not sure where I want it to go, and that is what I really need to figure out. Also, on day one of Nanowrimo it dawned on me I had never even tried to go through and reread what I already had, so off to that – It’s printed, in a binder, and ready to go. That’s my mission for December.
So, I’m going to get this finished. I want it finished by August of next year. And then I’m going to start plotting the novel I started at the beginning of this Nano – my pirate’s daughter story.
So how did you guys do? I hope you did great (and better than me!). I’d appreciate tips/feedback on plotting.
Till next time!